Faulty usb cable

I have three of the newer essentials drives and the ***ONLY*** way the work reliably is with the bulky desk dock, from the Elite package.  It holds the drive perfectly still on the dock, but isn’t very portable.  The replacement cables only last for a few days.  Really ■■■■ poor design and band aid support. 

I also have a newer Elements portabe drive, with a mini usb, not micro usb.  Same as my older passport drives and it works just fine. 

I have several newer devices and none of the micro USB connectors work well at all. I think it is just a bad design.  The size difference between mini usb and micro usb is minimal.  In every device, mini usb could have been used with no problem.  I really don’t see why they are changing.  I have Mini USB drived I use constantly that are 4 years old and they do not have any problems at all.  I would switch back to seagate, but they have gone to a propietary connector on the drives and I won’t do that.

I wrote to the VP in charge of these drives and never received a responce.  I have to say I’m done with WD.