Drive not detected after connecting to LG Tv to access Time Machine ll

I OWN A WD PASSPORT ULTRA. THE DRIVE WAS CONNECTED FOR THE FIRST TIME TO "THE LD LED TV 571B" TO USE THE "TIME MACHINE II" FEATURE. THE TV POPPED-UP A MESSAGE FOR FORMAT TO CONTINUE BUT DENIED FEARING LOSS OF DATA. SO REMOVE THE DRIVE. HOWEVER THE DRIVE WAS LATER CONNECTED TO THE LAPTOP WHERE I FOUND THE DRIVE GETTING DETECTED & COULD ABLE TO VIEW ONLY UNDER "DISK MANAGEMENT" & HENCE UNABLE TO OPEN TO VIEW FILE CONTENTS. I'D REQUEST WD TO PROVIDE ME A SOLUTION IN RECOVERING MY DATA.

MohanSha_BME wrote:

I OWN A WD PASSPORT ULTRA. THE DRIVE WAS CONNECTED FOR THE FIRST TIME TO “THE LD LED TV 571B” TO USE THE “TIME MACHINE II” FEATURE. THE TV POPPED-UP A MESSAGE FOR FORMAT TO CONTINUE BUT DENIED FEARING LOSS OF DATA. SO REMOVE THE DRIVE. HOWEVER THE DRIVE WAS LATER CONNECTED TO THE LAPTOP WHERE I FOUND THE DRIVE GETTING DETECTED & COULD ABLE TO VIEW ONLY UNDER “DISK MANAGEMENT” & HENCE UNABLE TO OPEN TO VIEW FILE CONTENTS. I’D REQUEST WD TO PROVIDE ME A SOLUTION IN RECOVERING MY DATA.

You erase your own files and you demand help from then? Dude, you’re a jewel…

Install a data recovery program on your computer from the internet and next time pay more attention to what you’re doing.

As much as you taunt this poor individual ‘ThePizzaMatrix’, I am too in this same situation. If you read his plight you will see all he has done is connect his hard drive up and decline a format. I did the same. Only connected the drive, nothing more. However, I am in the predicament where my hard drive is recognised as being connnected to my computer (with a USB 2.0 icon) under windows 8 (with an audible tone) and appears to operate normally, however you cannot access the drive nor is it recognised under disk management.

I have finally bit the bullet and will be happy to lose 1TB of videos and photos purely to get my hard drive back to normal use. But with windows no longer recognising it, how can I format it to restore its previous storage capability under windows?