Occasional Visitor
userckc

c-motech RDEVCHG app on taskbar after firmware update and virt cd manager

I bought a My Passport Essential 320GB.  I do not want to use the smartware and it keeps trying to load on reboot, so I followed the article about updating the firmware and the virtual cd manager to disable the virtual cd  on the drive.  Immediately after that, I got this process in the taskbar named "c-motech RDEVCHG".  Is this something from Western Digital?  I had just run malaware before I did this and use avg updated/run daily.  Spybot nor malaware found any problems since I have this c-motech.

Community Manager
Bill_S

Re: c-motech RDEVCHG app on taskbar after firmware update and virt cd manager

Maybe you should contact WD's Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD