Occasional Visitor
meandmusic45

Windows XP doesn't recognize My Passport Essential 500 GB

Hi to everyone! Need your help.

A few days ago I bought My Passport Essential 500 GB WDME5000R and faced a problem - my PC (Windows XP) doesn't recognize it(((

It shows that My Passport is connected and moreover indicates that this is WD5000BEV External USB Device. I can even safely remove it from my computer) BUT... every time I enter "My Computer" folder...the system doesn't recognize the disk and I can't access it.

Tried several times on another PC with Windows XP, with other USB cable and different USB ports but nothing helped.

So could you please tell me how can I solve this problem? There are no any drivers on the Internet.

What should I do with the disk?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you very much in advance,

Occasional Visitor
meandmusic45

Re: Windows XP doesn't recognize My Passport Essential 500 GB

Anyone help, pleeeeeaaaassse:mansad:

Advisor
MacVaio

WARRANTY.

It's only a few days since you bought it. Either you can return it to the retailer or use your legal warranty.  :robothappy:

Community Manager
Bill_S

Does it show up in Disk Management?  If so, try deleting and recreating the partition with the format.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD