WD passport is not recognized by pc

I have windows 7 Gateway all in one…I have used this WD on this pc before but just yesterday plugged it  and it is not recognized . I have downloaded updates but no good when the pc does not recognize…I have an old pc and tried it on that one and it did the same thing. I went in device manager and checked there …listed but nothing else. NO yellow…

I do not want to do anything that would cause me to lose the info on the passport…

What can I do? It has one light that blinks very fast. wdbacy5000abk

Add me to the list. I have a 500gb MyPassport that is not being read by Computer. It does not make a sound when you plug it in, like others have mentioned theirs doing in other posts. The light does come on, but does not flash - steadily lit. I can hear that the disk is spinning (or at least attempting to…).

When I go into Disk Management, it is not read there, nor can I find it in Device Manager. I did not drop it. I did, however, unplug it while it was attempting to write a new file to it and it froze for over an hour. I was frustrated and simply unplugged it. It is not recognized by any Windows or Ubuntu OS’s. I have already tried a number of other possible solutions found in other forums, to no avail.

Very important files are on this hdd, please tell me somebody has a solution for this…

Hi If u read the first article with the red by it… you will find a lot of good information on cleaning the hubs and the processor speed… It did not help me.

AND WHAT IS IT WITH THIS DAM SIGN IN PROBLEM… YOU WOULD THINK I WAS ACCESSING MY DAM BANKING ACCOUNT>…GIVE ME A BREAK!!LOL

GOOD LUCK

first time retrieving. now can’t find anything - what happened?  Any help appreciated.