WD passport 2TB drives have same drive letter

Hi ppl I’m new here and don’t know that much about how this stuff works haha but here’s my problem i have 2 new WD passport 2TB hard drives but when i plug them in only one shows up it seems they both have the same drive letter,i have been into the drive management and changed the letters but as soon as it plug them back in they both have the same letter again and only one shows up again,now i couldn’t afford these drives in the first place but the wife says no problem,now they not working GUESS what she saying . I even found something on the net talking about changing it in the dos prompt,well i did that and that dint work either so if any kind tech head can help i would be very grateful also if anybody else has had this problem and solved it could you pls let me know how you did it,thanks in advance for your help:mansad:

It’s probably a Windows Signature collision. This post message 11
http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Passport-for-PC/Copy-files-from-one-drive-to-another/m-p/277504/highlight/false#M7587 explains how to fix.

Joe

1 Like

That’s what I did but didn’t do a thing I guess I could have done something wrong but I don’t think so but thanks for the suggestion

If you have any other aggregations IM listening

Oh I just read that link and one thing it said that the other didn’t is to RIGHT click to run as admin so im going to try that , I will let you know if it works.

I don’t know what the **bleep** that word aggregation means that I put in the last post LOL was supposed to be suggestions sorry.

OK mi owe you a big thanks my friend worked a treat , must have been the RIGHT CLICK thing that was missing from the site I had been on thanks so much for your help