WD my passport hard dives whose part numbers end with -03 are compatible with WD smartware?

Hi everyone

I have read that WD Smartware is compatible with the WD my passport, my book hard drives which end with -00/01 in their part number

So, if I had purchased a WD my passport hard dirve ends with -03, would it have been compatible with WD Smartware?

In other words, I am going to purchase a WD my passport(1TB), but unfortunately, I found part number of all of them ends with 03. It will be compatible with Smart ware.

I hope you reply me.

Could anyone at this splendid forum please reply me?

I am going to purchase a WD my passport, but as I said all of them have part number ends with 03? Will it be compatible with WD smarware?

Could anyone please reply me to finish this topic?

Could anyone please at this splendid forum reply me to finish this inquiry?

Why did no one reply me?

I think it is an easy enquiry.

Probably because nobody knows. This is just a user’s forum not customer service.

Joe

Thanks a lot,

Then could you at least  suggest what I can do?

Could anyone please at this splendid forum suggest what I can do?

Please provide the full model number to see if the drive is compatible with Smartware.

Thank you very much indeed.

I really do neither have the full model number nor the part number because I would like to purchase it. And due to the retailer is far away from me I only have contacted him. So I only have the last two digits of part number which are -03

I have two WD My passport hard drives whose part number ends with -01 and both are compatible with smartware.

Besides, I read that the latest updates of firmware have solved the compatibility with hard drives whose part number ends with 00/01

Firmware 1.015:

Fixes:

Corrected USB compliance test.

Compatibility:

For the following drives with a P/N that ends with

-00 :

My Book® Essential™ (USB 3.0 and USB 2.0)

My Passport® Essential™(USB 3.0 and USB 2.0)

My Passport Essential SE (USB 3.0 and USB 2.0)

Firmware 1.012:

Fixes:

Fixed incompatibility with Intel USB 3.0 host controllers.

Now works with new My Passport models.

Firmware 1.007:

Fixes:

Now works with new models.

Firmware 1.003:

Fixes:

Initial Release.

Compatibility:

For the following drives with a P/N that ends with

-01 :

My Book Essential (USB 3.0 and USB 2.0)

My Passport Essential (USB 3.0 and USB 2.0)

My Passport Essential SE (USB 3.0 and USB 2.0)

So I think that the last two digits can determine whether hard drive is compatible or not.   

There is a list of all of the portable drives and the features they support.

On that list the only two that don’t come with Smartware are the WD Elements and My Passport Enterprise.

You can take a look at the list on the link bellow:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/external/portable/

Thank you so much

ITB:
Model:WDBBEP0010BBK-EESN

2TB:
Model:WDBY8L0020BBK-EESN

I am respectfully requesting to answer me as quickly as possible.

By the way, which one does it determine whether drive can be compatible with Smartware, part number or serial number(model number)?

I have been expecting the P/N does that as I mentioned in my last post, have I?

Could you please let me know if I can update the firmware of WD elements to be compatible with the smartware?

I only saw in the markets that WD  my passports as well as my elements product of Malaysia and Thailand.

So which do you think  is better, Malaysia or Thailand?

Both of the Passport drives support Smartware.

In regards of the Elements drive, you will only need to upgrade to the Smartware version that supports backing up to the Elements drive.

Thank you so much indeed for your cooperation in participating in this thread of mine.

John012 wrote:

Both of the Passport drives support Smartware.

In regards of the Elements drive, you will only need to upgrade to the Smartware version that supports backing up to the Elements drive.

Wouldn’t you mind letting me now how I can  upgrade to the Smartware version that supports backing up to the Elements drive.

I really have the latest updates of Smartware, but it doesn’t still support elements