WD SmartWare Drive Unlock

I didn’t put any password for the Drive and I am Using the Hard Drive from May 2010 but on 19.8.2010 onwards following message coming on the screen 

as per the guidance by WD said We have to Safely remove the drive and reconnect to get the next 5 password tries.

but the is no box or place there to enter the password

My probllem is I didnt put any password for the drive , Driver is not asking to put the password anyware, but why the following screen coming  

How can I Open the Drive and access data ( Even If you think that  I lost the password ,there is no screen appearing to put the password )

Dear All,

I have a problem with the password locked.  The machine is required me to fill the password which I’ve never set it up.

And now I could not access my data.

Does anyone who know how to fix this problem please help me, I need to use the data to work?

Thanks & Best regards,

Somkiat

I have the exact same problem, I got my 1Tb HDD a few days ago as my parents bought it abroad, i can’t believe this thing, why this software is not working properly?

I bought WD because i believed it is reliable, and It is NOT reliable at all…how can you perform backups of your precious data when this sort of thing popups without you ever wondering it would happen…

I have never set a password, just used the **bleep** disk for an hour and the next time i use my notebook with it, it prompts for a password i have never set up!!

**bleep** WD

WD shame on you!!!

I solved it, if you have never set a passw before…

1. unplug the drive,

2. run WD “so called SmartWare” (has not smart in ware i should say), then you’ll see in “Settings” that you can set your drive options, go to Security and set a password if you have never set it before…

3)Then, plug it in again

1. woala! you have your disk back…

[Removed]

Next day,

I have the same issue again, this time i know the password but i never get prompted…

[Removed]

I’ll never buy a WD product again.