WD Passport Essential SE Not Working

jmrg30 wrote:

You know, I bought my wd passport essential se on september in the UAE. I bought two, one 320GB and the other 500GB. What’s funny is that I experienced the same issue like yours with my 500GB. One day, it just suddenly stopped working! And it was barely two weeks old. I still have it with me. I can’t RMA it since they don’t have a WD site here (in the country) where I live. The 320GB is still working, as if it was a compensation or something. After that, I started reading forums about WD my passport and a lot of end-user consumers are frustrated with it because the same exact issue happened to them. The hard drive was never dropped but it just stopped working. I think it’s a product defect and I believe it would be better if they (WD) pull-out their products now form the market. It’s a form of cheating if they know that defect and does not do anything about it. I am really disappointed with WD. If you’re in the US or Canada, you can RMA it FOC.

Good luck!

Did you, at least, attempt to take it back for warranty replacement to the distributor you bought it from?  Did you try it on other computers to see if it was a power issue?