WD My Passport Ultra

My PU has stopped showing up in device manager and subsiquently on my computer.  I have tried swapping out USB 3.0 cables and that has not helped either.  The white light comes on and I can feel the drive spin up but that’s it.

I tired to fill out a support ticket but I get an error message saying that the KB could not be searched and it won’t let me continue.  Please advise.

Hi searingsteel, welcome to the Community. Have you tried checking if the Passport is recognized on the Disk management window? You can also try running a DLG test. Click on the links below for more information. 

How to access Disk Management in Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8 to manage hard drives

How to test a drive for problems using Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows 

Yes, I have checked there and it doesn’t show up.

Unfortunately, the light doesn’t come on anymore for more than about 1/2 a second so I’m guessing it has died.  Could it be that the logic board is dead?  I have continued to try to submit an actual support ticket but I keep getting the following error:

An error was encountered during knowledge base search.

Hi again, in that case it sound like the Passport is faulty, we have escalated your case, please check your private messages. 

I have not gotten any messages.