WD My Passport Ultra ~ (1)Partitioned? (2) Cloud Backup through Dropbox

1) Can this drive be partitioned where I would be able to use it to back up data/files from two different laptops?

If you use the WD Smartware backup software, you wont need to create two partitions on the drive since the software will create the backup in the same folder but with different subfolders inside.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

1. I’ve searched, asked, looked everywhere but no one can explain to me what “Cloud backup through Dropbox” means! Is it using an existing Dropbox account? Or does it actually give you a 1TB Dropbox account to backup to (not likely)? Or does it simply use the Dropbox service to access a WD cloud storage where I would have a 1TB of storage available to me?

Is it using an existing Dropbox account? Yes, it’s using your existing dropbox account with the size that you have available through dropbox.

The WD Smartware Pro backup software will give you the oportunity to create an automatic backup of your files to your dropbox account.