WD My Passport Suddenly Stopped Working

Hi guys,

This is my situation:

1. I have a gray WD usb My Passport 1TB  (Usb 3.0)  It’s around 3 months old

2. I recently moved some files to it (important ones) then I was going to move it to the next computer

3. I plugged it in and it wont work. No white light blinking (totally no light) and it CANT be detected by my computers (tried multiple, usb 2 and usb 3 machines)

4. I could feel the part where the power cord is conntected, heating up (basically the lower part of the HD near the cord)

5. I changed cords and it also doesnt work

6. I conntected it to a mac and it says the power current is not enough

7. Removed the HD to find out that there’s no way I could get a connector for this. I have no idea what it’s called nor if there is ana available generic enclosure (slave) for this

What do i do? I feel like the data is still in there BUT i need a way to connect it withouth going through that WD port they had built in (oh what a pain!) 

Hello,

Did you connect the drive in desktop computer? If so, please do so and connect the drive into the back usb port. Keep in mind removing the drive from the enclosure voids the warranty.

i did.

its not working

i dont care about the warranty. I just want my stuff

any help? any way to somehow use an adapter to recover my stuff? this **bleep** WD power supply is a hassle. 

Exactly the same issue, the outside becomes extremely hot. Power seems to be dead … Any idea how to fix this…only two months old …

nobody will reply to us

it means it’s broke 

what we can do is somehow find someone that “Could” change the power supply or someone that will have the ports that would fit

the wd power area being built int **bleep**

Hello,

Unfortunately, is not possible to connect a power adapter to the drive. I’ll suggest you to contact a data recovery company in order to retrieve your information.

1 Like