WD My Passport Essential SE 1TB Hangs in Windows XP

Hi, I recently got a new 2TB drive and transferred all data in the 1Tb to it. Unfortunately I can’t seem to open the 1Tb now in windows XP but works fine in any other computer(windows 7 and even laptops). When I plug it in (I also tried all USB ports to be sure) it just reads and nothing comes up or opens. So when I try to look for it I can’t seem to open any windows software(start menu wont respond) but mouse on desktop moves. ONly way to get out of it is to restart computer and unplug drive. Please help since the xp is what i use mostly thanks much

What drive is it? And since it was used on W7 are you sure the drive’s partition table was not changed to GPT? Because if it did, it won’t work with Xp until you clean it to change the partition table back to MBR.

Also, are you sure the drive is not locked?

Hi im sure it isnt locked since that was the advice from previous posts which i read prior to posting here. The thing is i always use this on xp and never replaced or changed anything. i think it has something to do with the cccleaner i used to clean up xp and probably deleted some file i neeeded for the 1TB drive(My Passport Essential SE 1TB). Now I wouldnt know if it has something to do with GPT or MBR since i just moved files to the other and never really formatted or changed anything so im not quite sure.  Thanks for the reply.