WD My Passport - Drive not showing up yet windows detects it

I own the WD My Passport SE 1TB device and its format is FAT32 without smartware and here’s what happened.

Nothing really happened from 24 hours ago till today. It didn’t move an inch, not at all. And suddenly, when I plug it into my USB port, it starts beeping and the light is flashing constantly. After about 2-3 minutes, it stops beeping (Windows has detected the drive already as My Passport 0740) but auto-play doesn’t open nor is the drive visible in “My Computer”. The device status says “This Device is working properly”. When I eject the drive (not by unplugging the USB), the light is still flashing (since it’s still connected to the USB).

I don’t have a clue about what’s going on. What’s wrong and how do I solve this problem?

I ran the WD data lifeguard dianostics and here’s what i got:

Something’s wrong, “Capacity: 0.00 GB”. Hm…

Test Option: QUICK TEST
Model Number: WD My Passport 0740
Unit Serial Number: XXXXXXXXXXX
Firmware Number: 1003
Capacity: 0.00 GB
SMART Status: Not Available
Test Result: PASS
Test Time: 20:52:12, October 25, 2011
Test Option: EXTENDED TEST
Model Number: WD My Passport 0740
Unit Serial Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Firmware Number: 1003
Capacity: 0.00 GB
SMART Status: Not Available
Test Result: PASS
Test Time:

20:52:23, October 25, 2011

Hello,

You will need to run some basic troubleshooting:

• Change the USB cable

• Connect your drive in a different USB port

• Connect your drive to another computer a desktop is prefer and connect the drive to the back USB port.

Please let us know the results.

also, if none of those work and it shows up in disk management, you may have somehow corrupted the file system.  if so, then you will need a partition recovery software to access the data.  otherwise, you can delete the partion, repartition and format the drive. then it should be fine to add data to.