WD External Hard drive not recognized in my computer but detected in device manager

Hi, Im having the same problem as mumna460.

Recently got the WD Passport 1TB, and everything was good until recently i dropped it while it was plugged into my laptop. The drop wasn’t that bad, it actually fell on my feet from the couch i was sitting on. This is not the 1st time that I’ve dropped it.

After plugging it back in my laptop, the password window doesn’t popup and after a restart and further checking, i realized that the partition that was installed (H:) no longer shows up in My Computer. I tried installing the latest Firmware and Software update from the site, but that didn’t help.

I can however see the driver in Device Manager under Disk Drives (WD My Passport 070A USB Device). But when plugging the device into my laptop, nothing happens. The light on the device is the only thing showing signs of life, and sometimes the spinning noise for about 20-30 sec.

I would also like to know if I’m able to recover my data. Because i never installed anything on my computer, all my files and software and programs were on the HD, around 300GB of data. At the moment the only thing i have on my computer is Internet Explorer.

P.S: Using EASEUS Partition Master, i can see that there is a disk with 2TB size that is unallocated. This is the WD driver, because it disappears when WD is unplugged. However i have no idea what to do with it, i can only create a partition on it but i don’t know the size that im supposed to set for it. I tried 1TB but i got an error.

I would like to know if there is any hope if recovering the data, if not, can i atleast fix it and get it back to normal/formatted?

Any sort of help is appericated.

Thanks.