WD External 3T Hard Drive

I have some of my favorite movies stored on my WD 3T external harddrive. Yesterday I opened one of those movies to find that suddenly the picture was distorted with poping sounds for audio. I have watched the movie before with no problem.

I tried opening other stored movies and some were fine while others had the same audio and picture problem. Does anyone have any idea what this may be…I would be grateful for any assistance. I am using a laptop with Windows 7. My external harddrive is plugged directly into my laptop, I have loads of room left on my exteranl and laptop harddrive.

If I have a virus is there anyway of saving the movies that remain fine…Thank you in advance for any help you can give me, my movie collection is my life regardless of how sad this is…

Mothership

Hello, have you tried to copy one of the movies that are giving problems from the external hard drive to your PC? you can also try connecting the hard drive to another PC to see if the same problem happens. 

have you added any new software lately, video, movie, audio software, or drivers? or codec packs?

may just be a codec issue

S.