Unable to Access WD MyPassport

Hi Team,

I am unable to access my 1TB external hard disk (my passport). It was working fine few days before… suddenly it got stuck I tried with my lappy and also tested on my PC. I am ubable to access it.

1. Once I connect hard disk to Laptop my lappy its getting stuck… after a long time I can see the hard drive symbol as LocalDisk D  but I can not see the size on it. when I try to go to Properties and check the size its showing 

Used Space : 0 bytes

Free Space : 0 bytes

1. I have ran WinDlg diagnostic tool from WD. Its giving me the below result

Test Option: QUICK TEST
Model Number: WD My Passport 07A8
Unit Serial Number: 
Firmware Number: 1042
Capacity: 1000.17 GB
SMART Status: Not Available
Test Result: FAIL
Test Error Code: 08-Too many bad sectors detected.
Test Time: 19:11:27, December 28, 2014

Test Option: EXTENDED TEST
Model Number: WD My Passport 07A8
Unit Serial Number:  
Firmware Number: 1042
Capacity: 1000.17 GB
SMART Status: Not Available
Test Result: FAIL
Test Error Code: 08-Too many bad sectors detected.
Test Time: 19:33:11, December 28, 2014

1. After the above I thought to recover data from some tools like TestDisk,PhotRec,EaseUs. these tools are giving me raw files, I cannot view them.

I have very important data around(300GB) on the disk, Please help me out to recover my data. 

i faced the same  problem with my  2000 gegas WD book

i think we must purchase a software to recover the data…

can any one help?

please

I have the same problem. . The WD passport suddenly  was no longer seen in windows.

The unit is working.  - te light is on and I can hear it humming quietly.

I checked disk management but the passport is not seen there either.

Help desperately needed to recover 10 years of work and pictures.

I went to a speacilized person who has a set to fix the WD, but he had to remove all the data first and format it. Then he told me I can use recovery program. But it did not give all data,

I am trying again scanning for the files…

what is strange at teh same time is that my husband’s WD 2 tera gives him “you do not have permission to access data”…

our work for 10 years is dying :frowning:

hopefully somebody can give a good advice

Well first thing I always do is where a drive is suspected of being in the process of failing, I take a clone of the drive (sector by sector) and not put more stress of the problem drive than necessary.  Depending on how the drive is/may be failing determines if I can get a sector by sectory clone, but I have on many others.  After I get my clone then I work with the good drive I cloned to.

Hey Decider… 

I have a question. To take back up of hard disk image, I must have to access the HardDisk right? I can not access it… I am using Windows 8.1. can you please let me know the reason or the solution how can I access the disk? 

If I can access it, hope I can recover my files using recovery software. 

I saw in your earlier post that  you could see the drive. Is it making any clicking sound?  Do you see it under “disk management” or listed in using “diskpart”?  What  you really need to be careful of is approachying the point of no return where the disk if run too long may end up destroyinjg itself.  Not every case have I been able to successfully clone or take an image (sector by sector) of a problem drive but where I am given the challenge (drive may be at a point of not readable at all)  I always advise the user to shut the drive down until you are ready to start a recovery method.  Where a drive is yet beyond reach, technically speaking, I have always used Stellar Phoenix recovery software to clone a drive (drive to drive or as an imaged).