Too Many Password Attempts - Locked Out

Good afternoon.

I’ve had a Passport we bought at work for about 2 months now. I’ve never setup a password for it but recently it’s telling me it’s locked due to too many failed attempts on a password (which is a lie).

Disk Management shows the space is now unalloted and I am unable to view/format/initialize, really anything with this passport device.

If anyone knows a suggestion that will allow me to get this thing back up and running, I would greatly appreciate it.

Got lucky, did a firmware update and it fixed my issue.

Did it allow you to reformat the drive, or did it give you your original data back?

Had to format. Lost all data.

I may  have a solution to the Password problems you seem to be having; I save my passwords and user IDs in a notebook file on

thumb drive andalsouse Hotkeyz: www.skynergy.com/. I have to type with my left hand after being right-handed for our 40 years

(strokes).  Hotkeyzallows me to use 1 OR 2 keystrokes, like Alt. F10, to type in my most frequently password.  And I use notebook

file for others out of the ordinary, to store those in!

Oh, I am not personally having an issue with my passwords. The issue is that it was telling me I had too many failed attempts when I NEVER even set a password on the drive to begin with.

mine is doing the same thing too! im going insane. it is my lifes work and now im locked out. i noticed it start when i installed norton 360 so if anyone knows any settings it may have shut down please let me know. however i tried it on a pc without norton and it still wants password! it is redicullous, there must be a solution cause i cant afford to lose this data. im not the only one by the looks of it! wd better come through cause im very upset.

please contact jason smokescreenfamily@hotmail.com if any solutions can be suggested. thanks guys.

Had a gent at work tell me that you can try the default stuff.

username: admin

password: 123456

Hopefully that works for you, if you are actually getting a prompt to put something in.