SOS PLEASE.. USB3 failure for both 1 and .5 TB WDMP

Hi all…

Just got a brand new 1TB WD My paasport external HD [PN: WDBBEP0010BBL-01], Which i ordered mainly because the old one i got [WD My Passport .5TB PN: WDBACY5000ABL] have a problem that it just shut down after a several seconds after i insert it, basically when try to write to it the activity indication led is simply turned off with the sound of sudden stop of the disk spinning, then af course it’s completely unrecognized by the system, i posted here before regard that but i couldn’t format it and i needed more room anyway so i odered the new 1TB above, i also formatted windows[7], it’s works fine after about an hour of backing up 180GB partition then it’s happened to it also [The indication led turned of and no activity so it’s die], i think i may did not installed all drivers required [or maybe in the right order] and there’s maybe many other things… i tries a lot of stuff but it’s just keep on fail… Please someone to help the T1 is brand new and i really need to backup some stuff any help will be very much appreciated…

Thanks all very much…

Hi, the passport might not be receiving enough energy to work correctly, only use the USB cable that came with the passport and connect it directly to the PC.

Besides using the cable that came with the drive don’t use a hub. Also try plugging in a port on the back of the PC.

Joe

Hi… thanks for all the replies… i use the original cable that i received, and i have a laptop and i try both USB3 Plugs…

Thanks  

As already formatting the System drive [C: With Win7] ,I just formatted the whole drive [931 GB] but the problem still occures, After sometime backing up 180GB with Paragon (I tried also simple copy paste, and also winBackup) it’s simply suddenly shut down. One more thing i did in the last time and when i think about it the one major thing i did which was around where that problem occured is to bitLocking both C: and D: drives, could it be the problem? i am afraid it’s not a software issue… coulf it be also?

Thanks