Remove smartware virtual drive

Hi!

I bought one of these today.

The virtual drive causes conflicts with the non computer I’m trying to plug it into to access files. This device is able to handle USB2.0 and browse FAT32 and NTFS but it doesn’t register the passport thanks to this idiotic virtual drive.

I tested using a competitors product first to guarantee a external drive would work. I was happy with the results and bought myself a passport elite.

Now I’ve got quite a bit of buyers remorse and am disapointed in **bleep**ty non-optional software embedded in the device. Thanks. Can you remove that now? It’s be great if you could. It’d make the passport not such a pos.

I don’t carry important information on my passport so that feature isn’t relevant to me. It contains a backup of my itunes. with my itunes folders of music. That music is plugged into a device which can read things via usb.

Now you know the whole story.

Can I get a refund from you if you can’t fix it? Because I ripped the packaging apart and i’m sure the store doesn’t want it back. I also hated the packaging. Seriously - it’s **bleep** too. I should have been warned from that.

Thank you,

Skythra.

Get an Elements or a Passport AV, since WD won’t remove Smartware as their official position states. They don’t advertise Smartware drives to work on other devices for a reason; however they do advertise another product (Without Smartware) to work for what you want.

So before you start a vendetta against Smartware, I would suggest to try to take it back to the store you got the drive from or just use the drive for the purpose it is advertised: Supported computer OS backup.

Also, WD will not give you a refund unless you did buy the drive directly from them, as their warranty policy goes.

You need another drive for what you want my friend , WD or not. If it is WD, Passport AV (Or MyBook AV), and WD Elements are the ones for you, which BTW, are less expensive than Smartware drives.

I hope it helps!