Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Visitor
NORTHENDER

Remove Password

There is a password on my passport portable hard drive and i need to remove this password from the drive so my wii and other things can access this drive with out having to enter the password...

I know what my password is

I do not have any CDs that came with the passport just the drive its self

My Model Number is wdbaaa3200asl-00

THX

Visitor
NORTHENDER

Re: Remove Password

I take it from no replays that this can not be removed?

Honored Contributor
Joe_S

This just a users forum. It can be removed but I'm not sure how and don't want to get you locked out of drive. Did you check the Smartware section? I think there is a tutorial in there.

Joe

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Visitor
NORTHENDER

Dont matter if it locks me out if i cant get this password remove cuz i will just end up throwing it in the garbage as its no good to me with a password on it

Thx

Honored Contributor
Joe_S

Try this http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Passport-for-PC/How-to-undo-password-protection-on-a-WD-HD-I-know-the...

Joe

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD