Power Outage With My Passport

I have a new iMac Desktop with Mountain Lion OSX 10.8.4 bought last summer.  I also got a portable My Passport 2TB Ex HD last summer also.  It has to be formatted for Mac.  The Model is WDBY8L0020BSL-NESN.

I have another question then I think I can be done for now. 

What do I do in a power outage with My Passport?  I have a new battery backup.

Questions:

When transfering to or from My Passport with the computer connected to the battery backup and the power goes out [I may have 4 min. or less], what steps do I take to safely deal with this issue?

When not transfering to or from My Passport, but My Passport is connected and mounted on the computer and computer is connected to the battery backup… the power goes out [I may have 4 min. or less], what steps do I take to safely deal with this issue?

Thank You Again For Your Help,

Thank You,

jasperita

No action needs to be taken if the drive is connected and the power goes off while not been used.

If the power outage happens while on use, you can cancel the transfer and leave as is.

Worst case scenario the file transfer might get interrupted and current file will not be copied.

To assure the drive is still working fine you can always run First Aid on the Mac.

How to test a drive for defects or problems on a Mac

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/866

1 Like

Thank You Very Much For Your Help.

Thank You,

Jasperita