Portable Hard Drive

Good day,

I have a 2 TB portable hard drive that used to work on my dell pc. I plugged it in last week and waited for the usual recognition of the hard drive but it never showed up, tried again today and nothing either. My computer does show it as being in the USB port but it won`t go past just showing it there. I would like to know what I can do to get it fixed or if this is a common problem with this portable hard drive.

Thanks!!

Try different USB ports, a different cable no longer than the original and don’t connect through a hub.

Joe

1 Like

Thank you very much!! It worked to perfection.

I have the same problem, but i tried every thing, but there is an error message "Location is not avaliable: F: drive is not accessible.

The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error". the drive is show on device manager, and the partition wizard found the drive, but it recognize it at “bad drive”, but the drive light is on is sounds good and work and i  have run it on windows 7  on  another laptop it also give me the same error message. I hope to find a solution, the Passport carry every thing…