Occasional Visitor
KHorn1310

Passport 1TB Hard Drive not reading

So I've had my passport for about 5 months and have always had trouble with it. It started out with being "unplugged" by itself and asking me to format it. Now today i cant even get to any of the files on it. It reads in the USB icon on the lower right hand corner as "My Passport 0740" and also in devices and hardware, but when i go to "My Computer" it just says "Loacal Disc G" and it doesnt even tell me how much space i've used or how much is left as usual. I used that WD Data Lifeguard but that didn't do anything. Does anyone know how to fix this?!?! 

Thanks!

Honored Contributor
Joe_S

Re: Passport 1TB Hard Drive not reading

Did you try a different USB cable? If the drive is still in warranty WD will probably send you a new one to try.

Joe

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Visitor
KHorn1310

Yeah I tried using my uncles but it didn't work. Thanks anyway!

Honored Contributor
Joe_S

It sounds like the USB port is bad then. If it's in warranty contact WD about RMA.

Joe

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD