Newly reformatted My Passport 1TB not recognized by PC, laptop, or PS3

After trying to watch the movies I have on my Passport, and failing, I found out that in order for my xbox to read the device I had to reformat it to FAT32 from NTFS (or whatever, please forgive me, I have no idea what I’m talking about). I took everything off of it and backed it all up on another device, reformatted it to FAT32 using Fat32Formatter.

Once that was done, I put everything back onto it, and ejected it from the computer.  Tried plugging it in to my blu ray player, only to find out that particular player can’t read external drives.  So I borrowed my brother-in-law’s PS3.  MY fiance mentioned that he saw a message stating that there was an unknown device plugged in but the device was nowhere on the PS3. It seemed to me that it wouldn’t recognize or read it. I took it out and plugged it back into the computer that I reformatted it on (to make sure the drive had actually been formatted), and the computer will no longer recognize it. Ive gone into the Disk Manager and it’s not there.  The computer, however, makes a sound anytime I plug it in or unplug it, so I know something is happening. 

Please help. I have no idea what I’m doing and I’m getting frustrated, as this whole process has taken over 3 days to complete.

Hello,

What about disk management? is the drive showing over there?

Check the link below.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1284/session/L2F2LzIvc25vLzEvdGltZS8xMzY1NzIyOTIzL3NpZC9wTjY4M3VubA%3D%3D

I mentioned already that it’s not in Disk Management. After taking the drive of of its’ cord and putting it back the computer eventually recognized it, but after the computer was restarted, once again it wouldn’t recognize it. I’m still not sure what the problem is.