New computer, transfer created duplicate files

After moving my passport to new computer and transferring files I believe I have invertantly created multiples of  files.  There are 2 backups showing in swstor which I suppose one it the old computer and the other the new but in the “other files” location I have an enormous amount of memory used.    Each backup is 85GB+85GB=170GB  and there is a windows image back up 16GB .The “other”  is 575 GB.    I cannot find a way to get into that “other” location to see what it is.  

What is in the “other” location?    Are these past backups?   How do I get into it?  How do I manage it?  

I prior to transferred to new computer I had been saving older files on the Passport that were no longer on my computer hard drive. In the transfer would those files be dumped in this "other?   How would I retrieve these?

Hello,

The “other” category  includes most other files not excluded by file name, file extension, or folder path, but are not included in the preceding category definitions.

Smartware is going to use the same folder names that these files have on your computer. This means that if you know how to find these files on your computer they will be on the same folder structure on the backup folder (WDSmartware.swstor) 

I guess I still do not understand how to manage those files.   I have deleted all backups, except 1, that I can see.   It only put a dent in the other category.  It is now eating up most of the memory on the device.    Where is it hidden to get at those files?

Thanks Sher