Need help with my passport ultra

Hi im new to this forum and to this kind of thing so i need some help guys my question maybe already answered somewhere else on this forum but what im trying to do with my passport ultra 1tb is to have it to take files off of my phone for instance like pictures i just took while i was out i want it to be setup up so i can walk up to my house be connected to wifi and take the new pictures and save them on the drive automatically is there anyway i can do this do i have to have it connected to my router somehow or connected to like a dropbox for that or somesort is there an app on my phone or ipad that will help with this .

The passport itself isn’t really designed for that kind of thing - it’s a USB hard drive that is more for connecting to PCs for data back-up and transportation due to its portability.

WD do make a drive with built-in wifi etc (it was released a few weeks ago), but in your case what I would recommend is to look at a Ravpower Filehub (see the Icona section about half-way down the linked page),. There are two versions (the RP-WD01 or RP-WD02 devices), either will do the job you want - one is newer and with more features and a larger battery but at a higher cost.

I have the rev.1 device, and along with a MyPassport Ultra I can use it as a full portable storage solution. The Filehub will power the MyPassport and act as a wifi hotspot. An app for the phone then allows file transfer between the two, or you can just use a normal file explorer via SMB. It’s not automatic, but it’s easy and you can do it on-the-go if you want to.

Hey perfect thank you for the help i will further look into it and if i have any questions ill be back haha