Need help moving photos from a MAC computer to my WD passport

When I try to drag and drops photos from my MacBook Pro onto my external hard drive it gives me a symbol implying that can’t be done. I’ve tried copy and paste. Nothing is working, my passport is unlocked and i’ve checked other methods to move photos but now of those options are working either. Not really sure what to do next considering i’m no computer whiz. 

Thanks in advance!

You provably need to format it to work on Mac’s. Backup all the important files in the passport and then follow the steps on the link below. 

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3865

Hi! I’m having the same issue - I have seperated the drive on my 2TB WD PASSPORT (one for Mac and one for Windows) I’m trying to copy all my photos from my MACBook Pro to my Windows computer.  Sometimes it will work but it seems that it has to do with size - At times I can move 100 photos - then only 3 - when I pull them from iphoto in to the Passport it will just show the + sign and not transfer. However, when it does work I pull it and the + sign turns in to JPG little photos and I know that I can release and they will all copy over.  Can anyone help? I’ve read forum after forum and nothing is solving the problem.  I have about 4,000 photos and I just need a process to transfer them.  Individually is taking WAY too long and not knowing why some will go and others wont (even if they are the same size) is extrememly frustrating.  I’ve had this issue with both my Passport and my WD MY BOOK 2TB that I use to back up my Mac - neither will allow me to transfer photos in to a folder.  

what type of formatting is used for the partitions where your data resides?

suggestion - format the partitions  as FAT32 so that its read/write on windows and mac.

or else keep it as ntfs and install the mac ntfs driver.