Need Urgent Expert help. Custom folders/files missing from WD External 'Elements' drive

To: trythesefirst…

Thank you for your immediate and correct reply. Just a minute or so before getting your reply, I thought of checking that issue via my older PC (from which I had copied the folders from to my new PC). Sure enough… several folders were checked as “Hidden,” so I unchecked them on both the older PC and on the external HDD. It works great now. Thank you!!!

Now, I’m once again faced with the utterly confusing process of figuring out which of the WD, Intel, and ASRock files/utilities need to be installed and/or ignored, and in which order. I know that some of them are either not necessary or are too buggy to be used. It’s a real headache. It’s been over a year, and I have forgotten everything I researched way back then. I never expected a new WD HDD to fail in less than 2 years! Other ones I’ve owned lasted as long as 13 years without one single hitch!

At 67, I’m too old for this stuff. MS should have simplified things much better after all these many years they’ve been pushing their products out to consumers. “User-Friendly” is a term that no longer applies to Microsoft.

Thanks again!!