My passport Essential installation error on Windows 7

I just bought a My passport Essential and tried to install it on a PC under Windows 7.

When I tried to install the software I obtain an error message stating that the system could not find the file “C:\Program Files\WesternDigital\WD SmartWare\Front Parlor\WD SmartWare.exe”.

I search on Internet and on the Forum and found some advices about checking .Net and Flash player version, then installing patchs. I did it but the installation failed again.

It seems to be a “classical” bug but I really would like to be able to use this device: does it mean that the software WD SmartWare doesn’t work and I have to use Windows Backup facility which seems to be not ver powerful?

Thanks for any answer.

Regards.

Hi, dude!

I has posted one topic talking about the same problem. Well… For a while you will need use other backup utility. I use Nero BackItUp and it works fine!

I think this installation trouble is problem of WD, it’s not really ours.

Good luck!

Hi,

I have the same problem on installing Mionet on a windows 7’s O.S. but with a different reason.

My question is : You said that you use Nero BackItUp for backup. But, in this case, what happens to your « MyBook » ? I suppose that you cannot use it with Nero software ?

I thank you.