Honored Contributor
Joe_S

Re: My passport 1TB is not recognized on USB 3.0 port

Did you check in BIOS and see if it needs to be enabled there? The USB 3.0 is a bit buggy from what I can see. It doesn't appear well coordinated and tested between MS and the assorted hardware makers.

Joe

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Visitor
felipec

Similar issues here.

I also have tried in Linux with the same results.

Could be related to my card though. Also, it works sporadically, but when it works, it's at USB 2.0 speed.

Occasional Visitor
yoshi-U

Hi all,

I have experienced same issue, and i have resolved.

I have win7 PC and USB3.0 card slot. installed firmware for this, but external HDD was not recognized as USB3.0.

what i have noticed is "power capability of USB3.0 card adapter". usb3.0 requires much more power than 2.0, and my USB3.0 card did not have 900mA capacity.

so what i did is buy "USB 3.0 A Male to Micro USB 3 Y cable for Mobile HDD" at ebay.

connect HDD to PC with both usb3.0 port and 2.0 (for power supply) port, then HDD works fine with usb3.0 speed!

you may need to check your usb3.0 card adapter can supply 900mA.

hope this can help.

Yoshi:smileyhappy:

Honored Contributor
Joe_S

Thanks for posting the solution.

Joe

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD