Visitor
juliefarman

My iTunes Library Shows Up But The Files Can't Be Located

Help!   

When I left my last job, the IT department transferred the contents of my hard drive to the Passport.    There were some documents that were important, but I was mostly concerned about my music library, and although it was more difficult than it should have been, I was able to transfer my iTunes. 

It's a year later.  My hard drive crashed, and I just  had it replaced - new operating system installed, etc.   I'm broke, and decided that I'd get over losing some music - I thought I could just transfer the library from my Passport again.   I plugged it in, and had to mess around with it -- but it looked like my PC had imported the files.  When I had the Passport plugged in, my iTunes library was fine.  When I unplug it, the library appears but when I try to play a song I get a message saying the file can't be located.  (It says the original file can't be found, and asks if I would like to locate it.)

My photos and .pst files are all intact - it's just the music.

Thank you - I'm incredibly frustrated - I can usually find my way to a solution, but this time I'm stuck.

Esteemed Contributor
Nesvic

Re: My iTunes Library Shows Up But The Files Can't Be Located

Hello,

This case normally happens because all the files that itunes is playing are located in the passport not in your computer C: drive.

Please see the link below:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1393/session/L3RpbWUvMTMwOTk1OTQwMC9zaWQvUWk3WEJpeWs...

Visitor
juliefarman

Re: My iTunes Library Shows Up But The Files Can't Be Located

My passport thinks it is the C: drive - when I try to transfer the music it looks as if it's already on the PC, not the Passport, and I can't seem to reverse it.  I've already loaded the music onto my PC - about a year ago - could that be the problem?

THANK YOU!

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD