My WD passport does not appears in my computer

I brought WD my passport hard drive on 21.08.2013 with a validity of 3 years. It was working fine until yesterday, when I found that it is not recognised in my computer. I tried it with different ports, computer, and cables but all in vain.

I also checked that device is recognized in device manager but when we try to access it, then the function of device management becomes unaccessible and only option remains to killing from task manager and eject my passport.

I have very much important data in this hard drive since last 6 years.

I also contacted your online customer service number and they instructed various troubleshoot procedures, due to inaccessibility of functions with drive attached in disk management and drive management, they instructed me to backup my data from 3rd party software before any further procedure. I downloaded various 3rd party software but found that the no partition of external drive is accessible in that or recoverable.

Also note that in disk management no drive character is associated with external drive.

Apart from this my computer is also getting slow when I connect it to my passport.

As described above please give a proper solution with regard to my data and problem faced in my passport.

Details are as

HD - WD my passport
IMEI No - [Deleted]
Purchasing date -21.08.2013
Customer care ref no - [Deleted]

Hello,

What about disk management? How is the drive showing?

How to access Disk Management in Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8 to manage hard drives