My Passport is write protected. PLEASE HELP!

I purchased a Passport Elite around a year ago.  It has worked fine until now.  I tried to download a movie file straight to the drive instead of my computer’s hard drive and then transferring it as I usually do.  Now I cannot delete any files on my Passport.  When I try I get a message saying that it is “Write Protected.”  How can I change this so that I can use it normally again?  My computer has Windows Vista.

Try to make Sure that you are Not Copying the  files to the Virtual CD ‘‘VCD’’ Instead of the Passport itself ,

Try in another computer if Possible and in Case is Required then Go ahead and format the unit But Formatting the Unit Will erase all Data in the passport so All Up to you

In Case you Need any Other info Let me Know :slight_smile:

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the ‘Accept as Solution’ button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.

1 Like

I have been copying to the drive and not the virtual cd.  I am trying to find a way to not reformat it since I have approximately 200 Gigs of files on there.  Is there another way? 

Try To Copy another File Such as a Picture or a Song into The Drive to verify if it is an Issue with the Drive Or the files that you’re Trying to Copy and by the Way as i Mentioned try in another Computer if you Could …

By the Way How Are you Copying those files , Which Method?

1 Like

In Case you Could Copy those files to another Destination then you Can Go ahead and format the Drive to erase those Corrupted files…

1 Like

I just tried to copy a movie from my computer to the passport. I got the write protected message again.  And I have been using the click and drag method.

Well! , in that Case Try to Copy Your Data Out of the Drive And Then Reformat the Unit!

Otherwise Try to use another Computer to Verify if the Same thing happens Again…

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the ‘Accept as Solution’ button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.

1 Like