My Passport Ultra 2TB now not recognised

Just noticed I posted the following in the wrong section of the forum so posting it here (The other can be deleted thanks), Hoping someone can help me with this…

I’ve had my 2TB Ultra Passport for nearly a month now with no problems running on my Lenovo Y510P (Windows 8). However yesterday i plugged it in to a TV and when i then went to plug it back in to my Laptop, my laptop won’t recognise it. I’ve tried downloading a new driver and installing but didn’t work. I’ve went into device manager and tried uninstalling but it just continues to run the uninstall and won’t finish. I also tried plugging it in to a mates Mac which came up with error code 43. You could see the files but could not open any. I’m running out of ideas and I’m hoping someone on here can help. Cheers

Hello Stokel86

Check the device for errors on the Mac.

The TV could have changed the permissions to the unit and this is why the files are not opening. Otherwise you could have a corrupted drive.

When connecting a drive to another device we need to be careful since it can be come corrupted if unplugged improperly.

Thank you for the reply.

I have since tried it on another friends Mac and it didn’t come up with any errors, however it took over an hour for him to be able to open any files. Once he waited he was able to open a file. However after closing it, he couldn’t load it back up. It was also showing up as E: drive rather then “My Passport”

This is leading me to think it may have become corrupted. If it has, what are my options?

Thanks again

Bump.

Is my only option now to format my hard drive? how do i go about doing that?

Ok following on from this, for some unknown reason it worked long enough last night for me to get my stuff off the passport. However once i unplugged it and plugged it back in it returned to how it was originally, with the laptop not recognising it etc etc. So i tried erasing it using the “WD Drive Utilities”. However now it is saying I need to unlock it with a password when I have never set a password! I’ve only had this hard drive 4 weeks and your staff don’t seem to want to help me anymore??

Please contact support directly for additional assistance.

Reformatting is one option but you can also replace the drive under Warranty.

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?wdc_lang=en