Visitor
ejfletch

My Passport - Sony Bravia TV help

I have just bought a My Passport Essential 320GB as a media store to play through a Sony Bravia KDL40EX 403 tv, but when I connect up the hard drive to the tv through the USB port it doesn't register it?

Any ideas? I have used a USB pen drive with it before and had no problems...is this a WD compatibility issue?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Esteemed Contributor
Nesvic

Re: My Passport - Sony Bravia TV help

Hello,

Most of the TV's only support fat32 as a valid file system, the new passport are NTFS formatted. You need to reformat the drive in your computer disk management, this should solve the issue.

Respected Contributor
MR_MKS_Montana

Re: My Passport - Sony Bravia TV help

You might need to use a third party utility to format the drive to FAT32, research in google for fat 32 formatter here.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD