My Passport SE Reconnecting (Win7-64bit)

Hi

I just recently bought a WD My Passport SE (1TB). Wanting to try out the USB3.0 connection, I immediately connected it to my USB3.0 port, updated the firmware and installe SmartWare.

I tried transfering files over in order to see how fast it is, but after a few seconds the drive disconnects for a fraction of a second and reconnects. This of course interrupts the transfer. I only seem to be able to transfer small-ish files.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the driver for both the USB3.0 driver and the hard drive. To no avail. I also tried performing a backup through SmartWare, and the same thing happens.

I connected it to a USB2 port, and it works without and problem.

Any recommendation as to what I should do?

PS: I am running Windows 7 64-bit, USB driver is Fresco Logic xHCI FL1000 series.

1 Like

Try to connect the HDD into another PC that has USB 3.0 ports, if you continue to have the same problem then try replacing the cable.

Unfortunately, I don’t have immediate access to any other USB3.0 ports, so I can’t exactly test this out too easily…

That way you can know if the problem is happening with your PC or with the USB cable, I called tech support once and if your HDD is inside the warranty I think you can get a replacement cable.