My Passport 2TB always connects/disconnects and horrible speed

I have only started getting this problem after upgrading to the latest firmware 1.025

Also, previously, I used to get around 100 to 110 MB/S transfer speed while copying data to my Passport 2TB drive, now I never get more than 10 MB

it has always been connected to the same USB 3 port, ( my laptop only has USB 3 ports anyway)

I do have the latest Intel Extensible USB 3.0 Host driver

please help me to downgrade back to the original firmware the threads i’ve seen to downgrade are only for the WD TV drives

Hello,

It is not possible to roll back the firmware on a Passport drive. I recommend that you run a diagnostic Using Wd DLG on the drive to make sure it is not a drive issue. 

1 Like

Hi I did format the drive (slow format not quick and 0 bad sectors were detected)

I also just did a fresh format and insallation of Windows 8.1 Pro, this drive is just horribl eafter the firmware update.

Please either release a new firmware to fix this issue or allow customers to rollback to the original firmware which worked like a charm.

If I can’t get this drive to work properly, this would be my last WD driver ever. I spent a lot on it as a backup solution and I can’t copy a few movies to it without it disconncting randomly, Windows telling me the drive has errors and recommends me to scan it, after the scan, Windows says 0 errors were detected! what the heck

PS: this happens on all OSes, I tried Win 7, 8, and 8.1

HELLO?? what kind of a support forum is this? is anyone from WD working here?

I have the exact same problem with my WD My Passport 1Tb (WDBBEP0010BBK-03). Keeps randomly disconnecting after the PC has been running a few hours. But mine never re-connects. I have to unplug & re-plug in the drive to get it to wake up. I’ve only had it about 6 months, and its been doing this constantly & randomly for the last 2-3 monhts. I’m running Win7/64bit Ultimate. Are you finding any answers here? I went thru their entire knowledge base, and the only thing closest is a report of USB3.0 drive disconnecting & reconnecting due to USB power management issues. But mine is USB2.0 & I have power management turned off & the drive set to never sleep.

MaXimus666 wrote:

HELLO?? what kind of a support forum is this? is anyone from WD working here?

Hi MaXimus666, please note that the WD Community was created for Users -such as yourself- to help one another and to share your experiences and ideas with one another. If you have a question or issue related to the WD Community itself, us Moderators will be happy to respond and assist you. However, if you are looking for technical support from WD, you will need to contact them directly.

http://support.wd.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Case created: [Deleted]

let’s see if they offer any help

5 days and still no reply from support! someone help me!