My Passport 250 g Unallocated Help me please

In an attempt to see if I can use my “My Passport” external hard drive on my ps3 I followed steps to see if this hard drive was a fat32 external hard drive. 

Steps I followed: from this website 

wikihow / add an external hard drive to a ps3

Check what the File System type is by going to Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management, Disk Manager

After following these steps I received a pop up window. While this pop up was on my screen, my 2 year old son was asking for my attention. I turned my head away, lost my train of thought, came back to my screen and closed out the pop up I received, not paying attention to the message. 

Result:

My Passport External hard drive seemed to be deleted or not shown on any of the drive letters. 

Now I cannot access my My Passport driver. 

I do see that the drive looks like it is on Disk 1 but I can see that the driver status states “Unallocated”. 

I can see that I still have data on my hard drive but have no way ot un-doing whatever was done. 

It sounds like a simple task, to undo what the “pop up” stated that I neglected to pay attention to. 

Can anyone help me with this issue. 

All I need to do is turn a setting back on so my external hard drive can be found under a drive letter and so I can access my data. 

I have many precious videos, pictures of my son from when he was a new born till the age of two. 

Please help. 

If you have suggestoins please reply to this post or contact me via email. 

Thank you all. 

Jonathan.morales8@gmail.com

I did a few tests to see if the hard drive would read, 

1. Restarted the laptop. rebooted, and plugged in the driver in hopes it would work and nothing. 

2. I uninstalled drivers for this hard drive, re-installed with no success. i still see that hard drive as “Disk 1” Unallocated

3. Plugged the hard drive into my wife’s laptop with the same result. “Disk 1” Unallcoated. 

I am thinking I must have turned off some setting in this process. 

Any suggestoins on how to fix? 

JonMorales86 wrote:

In an attempt to see if I can use my “My Passport” external hard drive on my ps3 I followed steps to see if this hard drive was a fat32 external hard drive. 

Steps I followed: from this website 

wikihow / add an external hard drive to a ps3

Check what the File System type is by going to Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management, Disk Manager

After following these steps I received a pop up window. While this pop up was on my screen, my 2 year old son was asking for my attention. I turned my head away, lost my train of thought, came back to my screen and closed out the pop up I received, not paying attention to the message. 

Result:

My Passport External hard drive seemed to be deleted or not shown on any of the drive letters. 

Now I cannot access my My Passport driver. 

I do see that the drive looks like it is on Disk 1 but I can see that the driver status states “Unallocated”. 

I can see that I still have data on my hard drive but have no way ot un-doing whatever was done. 

It sounds like a simple task, to undo what the “pop up” stated that I neglected to pay attention to. 

Can anyone help me with this issue. 

All I need to do is turn a setting back on so my external hard drive can be found under a drive letter and so I can access my data. 

I have many precious videos, pictures of my son from when he was a new born till the age of two. 

Please help. 

If you have suggestoins please reply to this post or contact me via email. 

Thank you all. 

Jonathan.morales8@gmail.com