My Passport 1TB Unrecognisable in USB 3.0

Hi All,

Very strange problem, has been happening for a while now, my passport is no longer recognisable in my USB 3 ports on my machine, used to work fine, then stopped, suddenly!? Now I can’t see it anywhere when plugged into USB 3, nothing in device manager nor diskpart. Works fine on USB 2 ports and works fine in any other PC i plug into. Has anyone had this trouble before?

Thanks,

Chris

Try updating the drivers for the 3.0 controllers.

USB data gets messed up at times. see if this helps 

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-drive-or-flash-problems-how-to-cleanup-and-remove-old-usb-storage-drivers.145884/ I used this on my sister’s ;aptop after the cellphone messed things up.

Joe

Thank you for both replying! Unfortunately, tried them both and its still the same :frowning:

Yes mine has the same Issues!! Im a DJ and all my songs are on there. Can I recover them if I plug the passport on my other Mac that has OS X Snow leopard?? WD is going to lose soo00o0o much Customers!!! They Just lost my money I was going to buy a 2 TB from them but not anymore!!

Hirsty92 wrote:

Hi All,

Very strange problem, has been happening for a while now, my passport is no longer recognisable in my USB 3 ports on my machine, used to work fine, then stopped, suddenly!? Now I can’t see it anywhere when plugged into USB 3, nothing in device manager nor diskpart. Works fine on USB 2 ports and works fine in any other PC i plug into. Has anyone had this trouble before?

Thanks,

Chris

I had this problem.  The 3.0 USB controller power option was enabled which allowed only 2.0 to work.  I disabled and it allowed  the usb to work with 3.0.  The problem occurred when I upgraded to 8.1.