My Passport 0740 1Tb Formatted to FAT32 Help

I used my passport to transfer files from my desktop hard drive as a back up, but occasionally, the desktop would stop reading the drive and therefore the copying process would stop. I removed my Passport and tried re plugging it back in to start the process over again, but it would not be recognized any longer. I tried it out on my laptop and other desktop, and the autoplay would not activate and the drive never appeared. I accessed My Computer and it would freeze unless I removed the passport wherein it would proceed as normally if the hd was removed. This would be the first time I have ever encountered anything like this. My dilemma is that I cannot access it whatsoever to even begin to fix it in anyway, shape or form because it never truly is recognized, but it isn’t unrecognizable either. For example, it appears in the Safely Remove Hardware menu, but when I try to remove it, the whole process is stuck unless I physically remove the passport. I was wondering if anybody had any idea on what to do?

1 Like

this is one of the draw backs of formatting the drive on FAT32

the drive gets corrupted more often

use a formatting tool to erase and test the drive

if only using on Windows reformat to NTFS

1 Like