My Book Essential isn't recognised when I connect it via USB anymore...WHY?

Any ideas?

I have had this replaced under warrantly once and the data is NOT backed up anywhere else so I need to fix this. It stopped being recognogised by my laptop when I connect it via USB. My latop makes the ‘connected’ sound but it does not show itself in My Computer as it used to. I have not dropped it, or damaged it in any way. It has just stopped loading on to My Computer when connected. I have tried to troubleshoot, no luck and I believe all the drivers are updated although I don’'t know how to check this.

It is a My Book Essential.  How can it just stop working?! Lastly, can computer fix it companies (UK) do data retrieval? I don;t care about the EHD itself I just want my stuff off of it!!!

Thanks

Is it the only external drive connected?

My Passport worked fine until I bought a second one. they both worked fine until I hooked them up to the same computer. Then, when the two were together, one of them did not appear in the drive list and when I opened Computer Management - Disk management, to investigate, the drive was there marked ‘Offline’ with the message: “The disk is offline because it has a signature collision with another disk that is online.” **bleep**? The only reference to help I could find was to reformat the drive and re-write the signature. I’ve been using external drives for years and have never run into this before, is that really my only option??

1 Like

I dicovered on this site a post that completely solves the problem:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Passport-for-PC/Copy-files-from-one-drive-to-another/m-p/277504/highlight/false#M7587

Thanks, Ayhan_Dursun!

What OS are you using? Look in Disk Management and see if the drive shows there.

Joe