Mouse and WD My Passport Problems

I have a PC with 2 USB 3.0 Ports on the front, one of them has a reciever for my wireless mouse in and the other is empty. Whenever I plug in my 500GB WD My Passport Drive into the other USB 3.0 Port next to my mouse’s receiver, my mouse disconnects and refuses to re-connect. Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreceated!

Update your mouse driver and WD ses driver. If issue still occurs. Uninstall both driver and reinstall again.

Thanks, but that hasn’t worked. Bioth Devices are listed and up-to-date but it’s only when the Drive is in as when I remove it, my mouse immediatly becomes active?

Then uninstall both drivers first, then reinstall the updates.

I have the same problem and I’m pretty sure it’s RFI. If I cover, not enclose, the drive with a sheet of aluminum foil the mouse works. If I hold my hand to the rear of the mouse dongle the mouse will work. If I move the dongle to another port further away from the drive the mouse will work. And of course if I disconnect the drive the mouse works.

Why is the drive even emitting a signal that can interfere with the 2.4 ghz spectrum and possibly cause wireless network problems…