Occasional Advisor
Cvzjoka

MY WD My Passport essential won't show up on my Ps3? I already have it fomatted as FAT32

[ Edited ]

I purchased this device to use with my Ps3. I searched all over the net to find the right way to do it. I formatted my WD my passport essential to FAT32 but still nothing pops up. any ideas?

Occasional Advisor
strifecloud

Re: MY WD My Passport essential won't show up on my Ps3? I already have it fomatted as FAT32

Hi, Im also having the same problem, cant even format my 

Western Digital My Passport Essential Portable / 500GB / to FAT32

How did you do it?

I Need to format it to run files off for ps3 & xbox 360 i have no other use for this drive.

Any help would be great, cheers!

Occasional Advisor
Cvzjoka

Re: MY WD My Passport essential won't show up on my Ps3? I already have it fomatted as FAT32

I tried many ways and many programs. I first tried swissknife but did not work. I then ended up using another program i forgot the name but it worked .i got my hard drive to FAT32 but its not being recognized on a PS3

Occasional Advisor
strifecloud

I also tried swissknifeV3 with no luck, could you send me the link to the program you used? if i get mine working on PS3 i'll let you know :smileyhappy:

Occasional Advisor
strifecloud

Also when you right click properties on your HDD does it now show as FAT32? as I tried formatting mine through DOS & said format complete, then still says its NTFS :smileyfrustrated:

Occasional Advisor
Cvzjoka

unfortunately my computer was recovered yesterday so the program is deleted i dont remember its name. it began with an "eu". but I used this software and it did nothing. I just did some research and came across this link. I'm going to see if it works

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=201&sid=34&lang=en

Occasional Advisor
Cvzjoka

yes it comes up as file system: FAT 32. I just remembered i have a password on my external hard drive. maybe this is why it isnt popping up is there any way to stop this feature

Occasional Advisor
strifecloud

I already tried that software earlier doesnt work on the new drives :smileysad:

Occasional Advisor
strifecloud

I think you can unlock the drive so it has no password try that :smileyhappy:

Occasional Advisor
Cvzjoka

yea.i took off the password .brb testing it on my ps3.wish me luck:mansurprised:

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD