Lost all the data in my WD 1 TB My Passport. How do I recover the lost data?

Hi

I have being using WD MY Passport for the past 1 year. I have around 600+ GB data in it. Everything is working till yesterday.

But when I try to access my hard disk today all the data in it is gone and the disk is now showing both available free space and total space as 931 GB. I have no idea what happened and how the data got lost. I have not updated the firmware or formatted or deleted the data in it.

Just before posting this message I checked if the hard disk is working fine or not by just copying a sample document and it is working fine.

Please help me in understanding what has happened to it and How can I recover the data. Twenty years of memories, so much important personal, work related data in present in the hard disk. 

Please advice and help me to recover my data.

Hi Rajesh257, sorry to hear you loss access to your files, it is probable that your files got corrupted. I recommend you to use  a data recovery problem, using Google you should be able to find several options. If the data recovery program does not work, you can contact any of the data recovery partners on the WD support page. 

http://support.wdc.com/recovery/index.asp?wdc_lang=en