Installation fails

I just bought My Passport Essential WDBAAA3200ABK and when I try to install WD Smartware it stops installing at 25 seconds then closes without any message of “error” or something. The same thing happens when I try to install the Drive Settings.

Why is this?

Thank you.

Hello,

Same problem her and I tried this on 3 different computers seven and XP…

A big waist of time and I still cannot use the Hard drive as I need to do!!!

I hope that some people by WD will sometimes take a look around here.

Gerard

I have olso the same problem with installing

it stops when 25 sec. to go

I have the same problem:-( I uninstalled all versions of .net and reinstalled .net v.3.5, still the same problem. In my case, the exe does something for a long time (but the message is 25 sec. remaining) and gives a beep and vanishes with no message. Its the same for both installing the whole pack or just the drivers. Mine is a XP installation with the latest updates and servicepack.

The same to me with Vista. When it remains only 25sec to finish installation it stops with an Error "it doesn’t found the WDSmartware.exe in one directory of the C:"

I have also the same problem. The installation stops at The last remaining 25 seconds en disappears.

I reinstall en install several times, but without any result.  My computer has Windows XP and has the latest updates for Windows. I don’t know what to do. I spend a lot of time on it and it makes me mad.

Boktor

Do you have the same problem installing SmartWare 1.3.0.16 directly from the updater if you do the following?

1. Click the Windows “Start” button and type “MSCONFIG” (without the quotations) in the Search Bar. Press “ENTER” to start the System Configuration Utility.

2. Click the “Services” tab, check the “Hide All Microsoft Services” box, and click “Disable All”.

3. Click the “Startup” tab, click "Disable All”, and click “OK”.

4. Restart the computer and let it fully boot back up into Windows.

Thanks for your suggestion. I can install 1.3.0.16 directly without any problem by following your instructions. But don’t find any program installed so I cannot start the SmartWare. Don’t know what the updater has installed since I can’t find any WD software in the ControlPanel. I tryed again to install the software from the MyPassport but it does the same as before without installing the software.

Thank you WDJeremy , but unfortunately, your tip does not help me… The problem is remain.

My configuration: WDBABM0010BBK (1Tb), SmartWare 1.3.0.16, WinXP-64.

Do you have other ideas, how to deal with bug in SmartWare?

WD released SmartWare 1.4.1.1 do you have the same issue after using that?

I have exactly the same problem, the error has reported is “Can’t found WDSmartWare.exe” in the /Font Parlor folder…yeah, cause erased himself

Updating to the last version it will fix the problem. Thnx

I am having the same problem.  I have updated the firmware and software but it makes no difference (excellent waste of 2 hours last night).  Can anyone suggest any other fixes or do I take the stupid thing back!!??