I want your program(Smartware) to create a mirror for me

Hi

1- When I delete the original file on my source hard disk, I want the program to delete the backup copy in my detonation(Mypassport).
2- When I move the original file to new destination, I want the program to delete the old file in the backup copy in detonation(Mypassport)…
3-When I rename the original file, I want the program to delete the old file in the backup copy in detonation(Mypassport).

As you know that a user sometimes will rename, moved or even delete a file from its original state into another one. So a user will no longer need the old file moved, renamed, or deleted. Also, he will be confusing with two versions of the same file. The only way I distinguish the old file moved, renamed, or deleted is via Smartware because the file moved, renamed, or deleted is shown a scratched file.

So, why does Smarter still keep with old file?
When I have moved, renamed a file from its original version. I saw that the file became only scratched (strikethrough
)
while clicking on the ‘retrieve’ button as it is shown in this screenshot below
However, when I open the ‘my passport’ hard disk and went to the path in which the file moved, deleted or renamed I found it available, although I moved it from its original place.
So there are still two versions of each file even if I don’t want a deleting, renaming or moving file to be available
I think it will better if a deleting, renaming or moving file from its original state is not shown inside the hard disk. Or even a file deleted, moved or renamed is scratched at least in order for I know that this is the old deleting moving or renaming file. And the new file produced from the moving, renaming file is in the new location.

backup with Smarware.png

Hello,

WD Smartware is a backup software, as per your description what your looking for is a Synchronization software.

Unfortunately Smartware does not have a Sync option.

Thanks a lot

But do you think there are Sync softwares available? For instance, what?.

I don’t need 'skydrive or Dropbox or any such

At this time WD does not have a Sync software compatible with your drive.

If you want sync software I think MS has some software called SyncToy I use GoodSync. Basically you select a file and it makes the second one you select match it.

Joe

Thank so much

I really use MS Skydive. ALso, Dropbox.

But as you know that both are not saved a backup.

I need a program to make a backup to my external hard disk and let the backup to be synchronized with the original