How to recovery My Passport 500GB?

I am from Bali, Indonesia. I use password in my WD external hard disk  with WD application but I made a mistake click the format instead of a password and now my photos files (CR2 (Canon RAW format),  JPEG and excel) missing or lost. 

I have tried recovery using getdataback ntfs, recover my file and wonderware card recovery software to recover lost file but I did not get anything, my files still missing.

Please anybody help me if there is another way because i need my files CR2 (canon raw) and JPEG.

Many thanks

any solution please?

HI,

Depends on whether the format utility did a quick format or a full format. A quick format just wipes the file allocation table, but your data’s still there but inaccessible as the table - which tells the computer where the files live on the drive - has been reset. Maybe something like this might help http://www.easeus.com/resource/recover-quick-format.htm

I think you’re out of luck if it was a full format, as that actually overwrites everything on the disk. An easy way usually to tell which kind of format it was is how long it took. A quick format doesn’t take very long, usually only a few minutes I think. A full format takes a lot longer.

1 Like

Other free tools you can google are TestDisk, PhotoRec and Recuva.

2 Likes

format utility using WD smartware from WD application, I don’t know the application from WD is quick format or full format.

the case, first I used the password from the WD SmartWare application, when I open a password error occurs I click format then quickly applications are countless minute format instead of password and all data such as JPEG, CR2 (CANON RAW) missing. 

I have been using software such as I mentioned above but my HDD WD Passport is empty there is no file. 

data is very important and I am very sad, anybody can help to solve my problem please ?

Angel: Thank you and I will try recommendation from you, I hope can solve my problem soon  

ThePizzaMatrix : I will try it and I will do anything if make my data is back since the data is important for me. Thank you

FYI, my WD passport external hard disk formatted still using a password or formatted before unlock the password. is there any way the best solution? please help me and thanks very much for any idea and suggestion, I think from WD can give information and solution about it. If you want to send me message please my email is:

delonx@yahoo.com

Dear Angels90,

I have been tried for 8 hours covering with EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional 5.5.1 but I found only raw, mov format can be opened and files photo more important that I need like as CR2 (Canon Raw Format) and JPG (JPEG) format does not exist. I think I did quick format with WDsmartware software is easy to recover, May I know if HDD with still password that is formatted can be recovered?

Hi Angels90,

I have been tried for 8 hours covering with EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional 5.5.1 but I found only raw, mov format can be opened and files photo more important that I need like as CR2 (Canon Raw Format) and JPG (JPEG) format does not exist  :mansad:

hi ThePizzaMatrix

I think I did quick format with WDsmartware software is easy to recover, May I know if HDD with still password that is formatted can be recovered?

delont wrote:

hi ThePizzaMatrix

I think I did quick format with WDsmartware software is easy to recover, May I know if HDD with still password that is formatted can be recovered?

The drive erase option write zeros to the password, I don’t think it will be easy dude =/

ThePizzaMatrix,

although I still know my HDD password, is it difficult to be recovered lost files?  Thanks

WD does not think of ways how the event of an incident if the hdd formatted in a state of the password is still active? like a key software of key password to undelete or unformatted?

I hope one day the master of HD can create this technology

I cannot recovery my photo :frowning:

I really hope WD can find solution or give me solution about formatted my WD passport with active password.

i still remember the password but i can’t recovery it…i brimg to recovery company but no solution.

any body can help me?

As much as I hate to say it, you’re SOL.  Your data is gone.  If it was encrypted via password… the chance of recovery is next to nothing but, since it was also formated, you have 0 chance of recoverying it.