HDD gets locked on its own accord and WD refuses to give data recovery

My WD Passport Essential suddenly gets password locked and so I cant access my data any more. When I contact WD Support, they say that though they will replace the HDD (being in warranty), but will not retrieve my data and that I would have to pay to get my data retrieved for no fault of mine. And getting the data recovered from a dealer will cost around 4000-5000 rupees which is more than the original price at which I had bought the HDD!!! And WD changes the casing and geometry of their product so often, even the local engineers cant bring out any idea as to how to even open the product. I had bought the HDD so that I could keep all my important data saved even if, in some rare case, my laptop happens to crash. But here, just within 2 months I bought the WD HDD, it crashes taking with it all my data to HELL. After this incident, I would definitely not be buying any of WD products for sure, and would definitely recommend all my friends NOT to buy WD products. Also, the customer support **bleep** big time. There are apparently 2 guys sitting at the support center and to reach them you wold have to wait for like hours on the phone. I wonder how after all this, WD is still being claimed No. 1 in the list of HDD manufacturers…!!! LOL