Facing problem with WD My passport external hard drive 1TB

My WD My passport external hard drive 1TB is not recognized by my computer. I also tried with other computers as well, but it is not getting recognized. I can hear some noise from WD external hard drive when i connect it with my computer. Besides the spinning sound i am hear some sound repeating after very few seconds (4-5 seconds). I can see the WD My passport drive under Disk drives under the device manager. Also there is option for safely remove hard drive.  i have my important data in the hard drive. Also it is under warranty. i purchased it from India on 29 Sep. 2011. Please let me know what issues can be there with hard drive and how it can be solved.

have you checked disk management to see if the drive shows up there?  If it does, what color is the bar on the right?  Also is the sound a clicking sound?

I have exactly the same problems, tried everything available, nothing works. Good Luck.

I’m having the same exact problem.  It was working fine this morning and I put my computer to sleep and reconnected it to the docking station this afternoon and my computer would not recognize the external hard drive.  I’ve also tried it on several different computers and it is not recognized.  I’m freaking out.